Acute hayfever

A forum to discuss how you and others are feeling.
Bellfrog

Acute hayfever

Postby Bellfrog » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:20 am

I have been suffering terribly over the past two days and this morning. Nothing i try gives me any lasting relief it says today is low yet my symptoms haven't eased. I live in Thirroul and work in the Shellharbour/Wollongong district has there been somethings different down here? How much does air pollution contribute to suffering?
Inspector Rex

Re: Acute hayfever

Postby Inspector Rex » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:31 am

My hayfever took a turn for the worse this morning after my late night walk in gusty winds of about 65kmh and expectedly my previous nights allergy just continued onto today. My sinueses and nose were blocked shut and I had to exercise my special breathing excercises, drink water hold it in mouth to open sinuses up, smell steam, do some excercises for about a minute to build up carbon dioxide in the blood and allow the vasodilation of my sinuses to release the inflammed sinus air channels. I knew sleep was important, so everytime I awoke from my sleep, I performed these excercises thrice at 2am, 4am and finally 6am before getting a total of about 7 hours sleep since 11pm. FInally at about 9am I was starting to feel the eyes getting itchy, I took my 180mg Telfast for fast relief. Melbourne is now experiencing moderate pollen counts.Yesterday's was extreme. Should not have walked out in the winds gusts, but still persisted with a 3M N95 face mask and very warm clothing. This is my action plan to combat all the allergy symptoms to stay afloat.
PS. I have history of allergic reactions, lungs wheezing, asthmatic symtpoms and now blocked sinus are my current trouble every night, sinuses need to be relieved with the Hold your breath, drink water hold it in your mouth. I practice the breathing excercises learnt here from http://www.normalbreathing.com/art-stuf ... -clear.php. I do not seek medical attention, I have been prescribed steroids panacorte prednisolone until I am sick of it and want a steroid free approach. Lastly I find the Melbournepollen counts ratings poorly correlated to my allergies as I do get allergy attacks on low pollen count days sometimes. I live next door to a forest that is typically golf course wooded.
Haachew

Postby Haachew » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:08 am

I also suffer severely from hayfever & this week wild weather on Monday brought a lingering effect even with subsequent rain & low pollen rest of week.
I was recovering from coughing & now there is a relapse with upper respiratory tract infection. Have you try air purifier? I bought one last week, while it did not take away hayfever totally, it gave me relief & also peace of mind the air condition. I used to wake up in the mornings tissues everwhere. My breathing improved. Do some internet research, I bought the WINIX one & it detects dust & odour level.
Inspector Rex

Postby Inspector Rex » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:21 am

21-11-2016 Monday was my worst, my lungs were about to contract and disappear. Live Pollen Monitoring is a little too little too late to save those poor 4 souls who lost their lives and few more in ICU. TOO LATE POLITICIANS: My nose was blocked , nothing new, and so I had to bring my lungs back to full capacity. MEASURE LUNG CAPACITY WITH PEAK AIR FLOW METRICS: (My peak air flow meter of 350ml out of 400-450ml suggests tightness of chest and trouble with breathing freely). Like you I cough now with the condition. MANDATORY INDOOR EXERCISES, STOPPING OUTDOOR FOR NOW: I deliberately do resistance stretches with two resistance bands to stretch my chest muscles when I am experiencing symptoms like now I am watery eyes despite low pollen counts. I lift weights 10kg each dumbell to increase my carbon dioxide balance in the blood to open up vasodilate as techies say the inflammed sinuses. These exercises help alleviate my symptoms and allow me to get over the hump of blocked nose watery eyes, lung capacity reduction by increased daily intake of fish oil tablets (6 tablets) and increased consumption of tuna. EAT well. DELIBERATE NUTRITION : Have good leafy vegetables in lots of soup to start well and exercise indoor every morning for at least 30 minutes. Daily dose yourself with probiotics , YOGHURT is my choice and mix it with freshly cut onions. Notice : I deliberately omit medication from my Preventive Action Plan. HOUSE CLEANLINESS: Vacuum and or Mopping house daily for me, no choice, clean up or be clogged up.

Return to “How are you feeling today?”