Hay fever bad today yet pollen count low? why?

dan33

Hay fever bad today yet pollen count low? why?

Postby dan33 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:03 pm

It happens to me every year from the end of Feb to and most of March ..i.e ..Really Bad Hayfever . Just got back from Melbourne where I observed one person with bad hayfever at Avalon but I was ok .. Soon as I get back here yesterday the Hay fever started. 07-03-17 Got really bad hayfever today walking outside with that light wind . Went inside and took 1 hour to sort of recover . Yet no one can tell me why this time of year affects me . Tried all the pills and potions at the chemist ..sometimes they may work once and then they don't work at all . Steroids are the only thing that work 100% but the doc says I've had enough of those . Only other thing that helps is a dust mask and regular face washing . All this started about 10 years ago before that i was ok . Weird ..any ideas on why the hayfever is bad yet the pollen count is low ??
chokrocks

Re: Hay fever bad today yet pollen count low? why?

Postby chokrocks » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Hey Dan, I don't know what's causing your problem but mine is terrible at the moment and usually worse very late summer early autumn than in the spring. Would love to know why!
Janet@BrisbanePollen

Postby Janet@BrisbanePollen » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:26 pm

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your hayfever but thanks for letting us know. The subtropical grasses are still flowering now. Today saw moderate levels of grass pollen in the air but there has been several days in the last week when the grass pollen levels have been high. Over the last four years February has had the highest grass pollen levels in Brisbane. This is because the types of grasses around Brisbane are subtropical and can flower throughout spring through to Autumn, depending on conditions. Also in flower around parts of Brisbane at the moment are plantain weeds which can cause allergies in some people. We will continue to monitor and record the pollen levels until the season is over.
best wishes Janet and the BrisbanePollen team.
Hem

Postby Hem » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:59 am

Hi,

I also get hay fever in Autumn (in Canberra). It started in early March but it's really terrible today. I thought it was a species of conifer that has been spreading pollen like crazy in the green strip behind our house but it seems to have stopped now. I don't think I have a problem with grass pollen, and I'm therefore OK when most other hay fever sufferers are miserable, but I would really love to know what is causing my eyes, nose and throat such grief right now!

Any clues welcome :?
Hem

Return to “Canberra”