Are you sure it is a low count Today?

Bookishfred

Are you sure it is a low count Today?

Postby Bookishfred » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:17 am

Yesterday and today have been bad for me. What is flowering at the moment that can be causing the hayfever?
Ed@MelbournePollen

Re: Are you sure it is a low count Today?

Postby Ed@MelbournePollen » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:30 pm

Sorry to hear you're getting hammered Bookishfred. What's flowering at the moment are the trees, elms, birch and plane. I'll be posting an update on melbournepollen.com.au soon, so look out for it.

We'll be staring our regular grass pollen count on Oct 1.
Ang

Postby Ang » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Mmmm I ditto this question - my allergic reactions are through the roof on a low count day - oh dear :? Will an allergy test make it any easier to cope ?
Ed@MelbournePollen

Postby Ed@MelbournePollen » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Yesterday here in Melbourne (Oct 2) the pollen count was low despite the windiness of the day.
We mainly count grass pollen and while there was some grass pollen about, it was in the low range (<20 grains per cubic metre of air). However there was a lot of other pollen about though, mostly from trees (cypress, pine, plane, birch and maple) with some daisy pollen as well. which is possibly from Arctotheca or capeweed, as this is flowering profusely at the moment.
Most people scored their hay fever symptom yesterday at between very mild (2) and mild (3). If your sympoms were more severe than this, then you may be allergic to pollen from one of the tree species that's currently flowering. You can use our app (melbournepollen.com.au) to track your symptoms across the season and this can help later with diagnosis.
Thanks for your comment.
Ang

Postby Ang » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Thanks Ed - as a side note, mine, my dad and my adult children's symptoms started Saturday (2 days ago). We have only compared notes today so it's not a sympathetic symptom. We all live within the Wyndham area of the western suburbs so it could be almost any tree you mentioned. :!:
Ed@MelbournePollen

Postby Ed@MelbournePollen » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:57 pm

Well, keep a record of your symptoms using the app Ang as we're hoping to post a more detailed analysis of the current season next year sometime.
itchyandsniffly

Postby itchyandsniffly » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Experiencing severe symptoms today, are you able to tell me the type/s of pollen in the air. Also on 24 August 2016 I experienced severe symptoms. Both days I was in the Camberwell area.
Ed@MelbournePollen

Postby Ed@MelbournePollen » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:16 pm

I'll put something up about Melbourne's other pollen later this week.
itchyandsniffly

Postby itchyandsniffly » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:24 pm

That'll be great. Thanks Ed.

Return to “Melbourne”