Where to get mould spore warnings for sydney?

Matrika

Where to get mould spore warnings for sydney?

Postby Matrika » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:26 pm

I also would like to locate the air mould spore info for sydney because I am running a massive electricity bill from hot water washing and using a clothes dryer.

Obviously it would be far better to be able to dry washing in the sun...however, I don't know if I will cause myself problems doing this now.

I also don't know if there is a moderator on this forum.
Edwin
Site Admin

Re: Where to get mould spore warnings for sydney?

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi Matrika,

At the moment we have very minimal funding for a limited pollen count in only 5 capital cities in Australia. We would dearly love to count mould on our slides and indeed report the other things we see on our slides, but we simply do not have the funding to do so at the moment. We are actively exploring avenues for further funding for additional pollen counting stations and to expand our reporting capabilities. At the current time, I am unaware of anyone else counting mould spores, however, we do make a note of interesting observations on our slides on our websites and social media feeds.

Regarding moderators, most members of the AusPollen team do have accounts on these forums and do actively participate in conversations where they can. However, given our limited funding and their other roles, it is often difficult for them to respond immediately. I hope you understand.

Thanks for your interest in our service. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Best,
Ed.
Matrika

Postby Matrika » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks Ed,
I do understand and please forgive my rudeness.

I think what you are saying is there is nowhere currently to get mould spore info?

I think I should get involved in fundraising for you guys.
Edwin
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Matrika wrote:Thanks Ed,
I do understand and please forgive my rudeness.

Oh not at all Matrika! Happy to answers any questions you (or anyone else has).

Matrika wrote:I think what you are saying is there is nowhere currently to get mould spore info?

Correct, as far as I am aware there is no source of mould counts for Australia. It is definitely something we are interested in though and something we have the capacity to do in the future.

Matrika wrote:I think I should get involved in fundraising for you guys.

If you think you can help with additional funding, by all means drop us an email (theteam@pollenforecast.com.au). We could really do with additional funding!

Best,
Ed.

Return to “Sydney”