Use of the App on Multiple Devices

Could we improve the forum or do something differently? Feedback here.
Carl

Use of the App on Multiple Devices

Postby Carl » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:50 pm

A most useful and well designed app.

I have it loaded on both my iPad and my iPhone. It prompts me to complete the survey on both as though the devices are owned by two different people. Is there some way that both devices can be associated with one person?
Edwin
Site Admin

Re: Use of the App on Multiple Devices

Postby Edwin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:11 am

Thanks for the comments about the App Carl!

That is a very good idea and something that would be great to implement. We have a few issues that we would have to work out first, however. The main one is that all survey data submitted to us is anonymous. We have no way of identifying it or linking it to a specific user. To do as you suggest we would need to ask users to register and load their survey data in a trackable way to the server. I'm not sure if the board of ethics would grant permission to do this. However, I do see your point about the utility of doing this, so will give it some thought as to how we could achieve this.

For my own interest, which state are you in and which App are you using?

Cheers,
Ed.
Bookishfred

Postby Bookishfred » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:13 am

Hi Ed. I also use 2 devices and get asked to do the survey on both. I use the Melbourne Pollen app. I do only rate using one device because it would skew the results for you if I rate on both
Carl

Postby Carl » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:06 am

Hi Ed,
I am in Melbourne and I use the Melbourne Pollen IOS app on an iPad and iPhone.

The Apple approach and iCloud make much of my work device independent. No matter which device I am using, any incoming message appears on all of my iPad. iPhone and iMac. I can respond from any device at any time. Similar for notes, docs, email and many apps. My browser bookmarks are synched across all three, as are my passwords. In consequence, I expect to everything from everywhere. A similar approach applies if If you use Android and Google solutions.

Thanks for your interest

Carl
Edwin
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Carl wrote:Hi Ed,
I am in Melbourne and I use the Melbourne Pollen IOS app on an iPad and iPhone.

The Apple approach and iCloud make much of my work device independent. No matter which device I am using, any incoming message appears on all of my iPad. iPhone and iMac. I can respond from any device at any time. Similar for notes, docs, email and many apps. My browser bookmarks are synched across all three, as are my passwords. In consequence, I expect to everything from everywhere. A similar approach applies if If you use Android and Google solutions.

Thanks for your interest

Carl

Thanks Carl! It is definitely something we will try and work on in the future!

Best,
Ed.

Return to “Feedback Board”