Any idea what is flowering this week?

Bookishfred

Any idea what is flowering this week?

Postby Bookishfred » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:55 am

I only have a mild reaction to grass but this week I have been getting lots of reaction to something. Last time like this was when Elm trees were flowering. Anyone know what is flowering this week? I am actually living in the Latrobe valley if it makes a difference.
Ed@MelbournePollen

Re: Any idea what is flowering this week?

Postby Ed@MelbournePollen » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:20 pm

Can't say what's flowering in your neck of the woods but here in Melbourne we're seeing more grass pollen this week than last and plenty of cypress pollen too. Seem to be moving out of the birch pollen season though. Would be great to get a pollen count station in Gippsland to provide local information to people like you.
Bookishfred

Postby Bookishfred » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Hmmm so far Elm and Cyprus seem to be my culprits lol. You would think that all the major unis would have the pollen stations and there are lots of unis here in Gippsland. Unfortunately does not seem to be the case. Good luck on future funding to get more stations up and running.
kalaru

Postby kalaru » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:51 am

Worst hay fever day for quite some time yesterday for me. Melbourne is a challenge this time if year, as is Canberra. Yet in Brisbane, Sydney and far southern NSW sneezing is rare, it just centres around eye distress . Very hard to track which local flowering species from gives the most distress - dodging geographical districts helps. But then again I travel too much.
Edwin
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Bookishfred wrote:Hmmm so far Elm and Cyprus seem to be my culprits lol. You would think that all the major unis would have the pollen stations and there are lots of unis here in Gippsland. Unfortunately does not seem to be the case. Good luck on future funding to get more stations up and running.

Thanks Bookishfred!

Return to “Melbourne”